|Hip Replacement gig and video shoot this Sunday|
Join them for their video promo this Sunday.
Hip Replacement is an 8-piece West London band comprising members of ex-charting group Amazulu. Influenced by Elbow and the Scissor Sisters, they do cool covers and their own quirky interpretations of Vintage Classics, Reggae, Soul and Indie-pop songs. The band is made of made of Larry Stolk - Lead Vocals Buggsy - Lead Vocals & Percussion Margo Sagov - Guitar and Vocals Colin Cookson - Bass Sean O'Neil - Guitar Jude Allen - Keys Dick Maun - Sax Nardo Bailey – Drums.
It came together 2 years ago for Notting Hill Carnival and they have been playing local gigs and Festivals including upcoming Wiltshire MiniFest, July 16th , and are en route to play O2 Arena in 2012.
This Autumn they are releasing a reggae version of Kylie’s “Can’t Get You Outta My head” and shooting a video promo at the Paradise By Way of Kensal Green, this Sunday July 10th. The band has had great support from local fans and they'd love them to come down and be part of the video. If you'd like to feature in a music promo shoot in a local pub and with great Indie / Reggae / Soul music, this is your chance to join in and have lots of fun too.
Besides the music they play, they feel very strongly about the local community. As a result, they are supporting a local campaign that very few of us heard about, yet it concerns everyone who lives in the area, particularly in Kensal Green.
In their words “The current plans to build three HS2 High Speed London to Birmingham Rail link tunnels under our beautiful cemetery and residential homes in Kensal Green is a big worry. At the cost of £33 billion it’s a complete waste of money and threatens to become an insidious blight to everyone living in the area. There are various local groups who are actively campaigning on this issue and we want to do our bit to help. We’ll have petitions at the gig and we want everyone to come along on Sunday and sign up to stop these tunnels! “
So, to join in the fun and help the campaign make your way to the Paradise this Sunday at 6pm.
As for Hi Speed Rail Link, this is what campaigners are saying:
HS2 Birmingham Hi Speed Rail Link – How will this affect You?
1. HS2 (High Speed Rail Link Consortium) are currently consulting on a route for a proposed rail link from London to Birmingham which will start at Euston and go under Kensal Green and the Cemetery and Old Oak Common Station. Construction will start in 2017 and cost the taxpayer over £33 Billion!!
2. The Consultation period ends July 29th, 2011 – so It’s important you take action NOW!
3. HS2 plan to build 3 Hi Speed rail tunnels underneath Kensal Green Cemetery and residential properties in the Triangle
4. The three tunnels , approx the width of a football pitch will be built to a depth of only 20 -35 metres under our houses!!
5. Potential risks to residents, home owners and local businesses in Kensal Green include:
i) Train noise and vibration
ii) Property Blight
6. There is currently NO COMPENSATION scheme in place for residents who live above the tunnelled section of the Hi Speed Rail Link.
7.Wider concerns voiced by members of the Public, MP’s and community groups include – the negative impact on the environment and waste of Public finance and resources during severe economic recession.
Support us by clicking below! It helps - Honest!